Spring Science at its Best!!!

I just love it when science shows up in the backyard, or in this case, the field across the road.  I often wonder what the neighbors are thinking when the see the kids and I, loaded with books and pencils, go running across the field.  In our research we decided that this was an old snapping turtle.  There are many differences to look at, webbed feet or not, 1 claw or all claws, short or long tail?  I say old because the book said that the older turtles have a worn shell, and he didn't snap once.  Boy was he trucking across the field though!  We had to run back and forth for the camera and books and had to look for him the second time!  My oldest happen to spot him from his upstairs bedroom window...don't ask me how!





Comments

  1. If I were your neighbor and saw you and the kids running across the field with your books and pencils, I'd be running out to join you. I love watching and studying God's nature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Friday on the Farm ~ My Crazy Life