Friday on the Farm ~ My Crazy Life

I am pretty sure reality TV shows are birthed out of lives like mine. Over the last four years we have gutted and remodeled a huge portion of our farmhouse, graduated three children from homeschool, became foster parents to four children under 2 years old, started a daycare to continue care for two of these kiddos and expanded the daycare to include others that are in our care still today. All the while keeping up with our small farm, Hubby's day job changing and growing and his radio ministry continuing. Crazy. There really is no other word that explains it better. Somewhere along the way I lost parts of myself that I truly love. Simple things like baking and cooking, making things, crocheting and knitting, even my spinning of yarn from our animals became tedious because there was always something else. God has a way of answering prayers in the least likely of ways.

Yup, that is a lock box. Yup, we're selling the farm. In the last 6 weeks we spotted a lake house for sale while out fishing, went to see it, fell in love with it, and put an offer in on it. Now in a mad dash, made for t.v. movie we are trying to get our house, that has been slightly neglected the last four years, (did I mention all that has happened?) ready to sell. So in the last two week we have painted, cleaned and de-cluttered more than we have in the 14 years we have lived here.
It has been our dream for over 20 years to live on a lake. Our retirement plans included moving to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. As our kids are growing and moving out we realized quickly that they are going to probably be living in the middle of the Michigan mitt and 5 hours was too long to steal grand babies away on a regular business (no there aren't any yet, but we are heading that way:)) so we scaled back our dreams to lower northern Michigan. Little did we know a couple months ago that our 5-10 year plan was coming a lot faster, hopefully. So for now we pray that God has a buyer already in store and things can move quickly before the snow starts flying!

Yes, it will be hard to give up farm life. We have been doing this for 12 + years. What started out as an innocent flock of laying hens, morphed into rabbits, goats, alpacas and even miniature horses. The angora rabbits are coming with us so that I can hopefully have more time to focus on them and my spinning and yarn for my small business. Everything else goes, the big garden, fruit trees and never ending chores. I look forward to focusing on homeschool more with our last two kiddos both in high school this year, fishing with my Hubby whenever we feel like it by just stepping outside our door, and enjoying the shear beauty of God's creation in the place we hope to call home soon. So stay tuned for frequent (hopefully) updates of my crazy life!

The gardens this year are beautiful!

This is one thing I will miss so much, my mama hen and her babies in the yard.

My morning greeting.



Comments

  1. Renee, I will miss knowing that you are just down the road. Where in the UP will you be? I'm from Cedarville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually not the U.P., but to Six Lakes so we will be just "up" the road a bit farther:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's going to be quite a change, but I do understand about the losing parts of yourself and things becoming tedious. I am streamlining my schedule so hopefully I don't fall into that.... I've been real close sometimes, and some days I am there. I'll pray that God's plan just falls into place for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A change but exciting all the same! Everything always works out for the good! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, I've said a prayer for this next leg of your journey and know that you know that God is always at your side ;) Six Lakes isn't far at all, and since I never managed to make it to your present home...lol, maybe one day I'll make it to the new one (Maple and I can come together) God bless xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you takeing geffory and daisy? if not please let me know as i will buy them back from you. :) peggy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

What I Am Working On~Wednesday