Sunshine

It is 6:21 p.m. and it is still light outside.  It is the little things in my life right now that make me happy.  It is COLD outside.  They say it is the coldest we have had this winter.  We survived the big blizzard last week.  The goats did great.  Hubby and I didn't get much sleep that night.  I got to experience what I like to call my "Laura Ingalls Wilder" experience.  We went out to check all the animals in the midst of it all and it was BAD!  We couldn't see anything in front of us.  The last storm like it, was back in the 70's here in Michigan when I was about 7.

The goats are warming up to us.  Claire "the older one" of the group is making the way for the other two who are only a couple months old.  Hubby has found himself enjoying them as much as I do (I think:))  I have grand plans for our "fiber farm" here, but not sure all of them will ever pan out.  I have considered getting out of the angora rabbit arena, but I just don't think I can.  I love those little creatures too much, and I have been doing some research for the Michigan area and it seems people are actually getting out of the business this year, so I think this is the time to stick with it.

I spent the day at my sister's and brother in law's house today taking care of my niece.  I had so much fun.  She is 2.  That pretty much tells you what kind of day I had.  I took my two younger ones with me so we could do school and it was a nice break from the norm.  I so much miss the little ones around here.  Our youngest turns 10 this year.  My niece thinks the sun rises and sets on my youngest son.  She thinks he is the "cat's meow" we just had a blast.

I leave you with a picture of Claire


Comments

  1. Love the Laura Ingalls moment!! One of my grande visions about farming was Laura Ingalls, too, and wondering how long we could make it on just our garden produce~ we got pretty tired of green beans and zucchini that summer! So glad you have your goats and they are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Comments missing?