February

The month is flying by and I realize my blogging has been few and far between.  The goats are doing great, they have such personalities!  Claire has become a favorite even to Hubby who goes out to hang out with them daily.  I am looking forward to the warmer weather and getting their permanent shelter and fencing done.  I haven't had any luck with the last 3 angoras that I bred.  I tried again though and we will see in the next couple of weeks if we shall have any spring babies.  It is cold here in Michigan again and we were hit with another huge storm this week.  I am ready for the snow to be gone permanently, but am always reminded of the verse in Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." and I know that applies to the snow too. 

We had two big birthdays this month our youngest daughter turned twelve.  This was a big birthday for her since this was the year that we set for the to be able to get their ears pierced.  She has waited patiently for two years since her sister had them done and now it was her turn.  I turned 40 last week.  I was reminded by one of my sisters that I had a hard time turning 25 and she wanted to know if this was as bad.  It just has become another year and that old saying of "your only as old as you feel" takes on a new meaning.  I received an awesome present from Hubby.  We will be staying at the off-grid cottage at Maple Valley Farm you can check out Matt and Angie and the rest of their clan here: http://eclecticculturefarm.blogspot.com/
They are about 45 minutes north of us.  I had the opportunity to go and meet them and take a couple of classes there this fall and just fell in love with this place.  They live off-grid, no electricity, and we are really looking forward to enjoying a trip there.

Continue to pray for Rob and Terri http://www.ourcrazyfarm.blogspot.com/ they will be celebrating their son, Trent's life tomorrow.  I have had the chorus of the Casting Crowns song "Praise you in this Storm" running through my head the last couple of days, and this is exactly what they are doing.

Tiger is still trying to get used to us, he isn't so sure..

 Claire is always right in the middle of things!
 Winter is back with a vengeance this week, Hubby took it on!
 Becka's Birthday celebration, we found the "Narnia" type dress at Goodwill that day for $4.99!!  She had cake balls for the party (I will have to post the recipe here soon)
 Youngest is taking on winter too!
 Robin is getting a little closer to us.

 Our temporary stalls, Hubby and sons did a great job.

 More snow!!
 Our first load from the total house de-junking
 Our heritage breed turkeys are doing well still, aren't they pretty?
 Our two youngest still enjoying the snow!
 Goaties!!!!
 More goaties, aren't they sweet?
 The side of our house and one of our BIG willow trees.

Comments

  1. Renee~ I just received the beautiful prayer shawl in the mail~ Thank you! It is beautiful! And especially knowing all the prayers, love and hard work that went into it by you makes it all the more special.

    God continues to be so good to us. Your prayers are being answered and God's name is being glorified~ both in our lives (so much peace, joy, trust, provision, praise amongst the tears) and in the lives of countless others that are hearing the gospel because of Trent's short life.

    As I was catching up on your blog I read how you have been thinking about the song "Praise you in this storm"~ that was actually a song that our daughter Alexis requested that we sing as a congregation at the funeral/celebration of life. I had never heard it before, but it was so perfect for what God has done in our lives.

    It was fun to see all your pictures:))

    Thanks for holding us up in prayer~ we are not doing this in our strength, but only by God's. Terri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Comments missing?