Nature Walk Wednesday


We are back to beautiful spring like weather again. The three youngest and I went for a long walk today and got some things to use for nature journaling. If you have never used this idea in your homeschooling I would highly suggest trying it. Basically, we use field guides to answer our questions and the kids all keep journal books that they all draw and write the information in. My all time favorite "field guide" type book is this:

It was written in 1911 by Anna Botsford Comstock.  She wrote it to be used as a correspondence course, so it is perfect for a lesson with the kids.  Each sections comes with questions to get their gears turning.  The only thing I wish it would have is colored pictures, but her descriptions are so good you really don't need the pictures in color.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

What I Am Working On~Wednesday