Nesting ~ Friday on the Farm

Having the privilege of being a mama to five, both boys and girls, I have been able to be a "watcher" of their gender differences. Things that are a big deal to us girls, really doesn't matter to the life of a boy. I am extremely visual in everything I do, especially being creative. I decorate the house fitting to my personality. Hubby could really care less. Not that he doesn't care, but it truly is not on his radar. God created us so different. Now anyone who knew me 25 years ago would never guess that I love nesting. I love cooking, decorating, creating, cleaning, laundry...well may be that is going to far, but you get the idea. I truly believe God created ALL women with this gift. Some do it better than others, some are never able to find it within themselves.  I struggle with this idea, but we spent years in the foster care system taking in children and seeing first hand women who have not embraced this gift.

Now this doesn't mean boys don't get it. They just don't like to admit it. I have to remind my sons often (and Hubby) that this is what we do and who we are. I had to laugh this morning as I was grinding wheat to make bread. I have done this for years and I know my boys appreciate this without even thinking about it. Youngest was in the kitchen hovering over the grinder. He said "Mom, do you know I love the smell of wheat grinding?" Nope, I didn't. "It is one of my three favorite smells, money, gasoline, and wheat grinding."....umm thanks. I think. The point is he connects "home" smells as his favorite. Well, one of them.

I keep reminding my boys that they better be on the lookout for young ladies that enjoy home. Whether they realize it or not they have become accustom to "feminine nesting" here at home.

Embrace you gift of nesting today!

Hot Cocoa Bar



 

Comments

  1. I found you over on Girl Gab...like you, I have sons and daughters. I really like that you are telling yours boys to find a girl who likes home....very good post.

    http://estleschippfarm.blogspot.com/2014/12/why-i-cant-break-up-with-my-dishwasher.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

What I Am Working On~Wednesday