Garden Plans


I am really, really wanting to get my hands dirty. Honest I do!  I am longing to work in the yard this year.





Getting muck boots on and not winter boots.  Throwing on flip flops to go outside.  Not having to put on three layers to keep warm.  Carrying buckets of hot water out to the animals because everything is frozen (when my doc. asks if I have a workout program, does this count?)




It has been a long winter here folks.  Just cold and grey most of the season.  I am usually a huge fan of winter.  But the calendar says it is spring and I am ready.


We woke up this morning to another dusting of snow on the ground, again.  The last two days have been bitter cold, and blustery.  The kind of weather that makes it miserable to even be out in for a few minutes.

The pictures above are from last year.  This is where we are still at this year:
Last year at this time we were experiencing 70-80 degree weather.  Welcome to Michigan!  You really don't know what you are in for!




Comments

  1. so true about michigan....we can have all sorts of weather...all in the same day!
    no garden here this year, i am afraid.
    the back yard is shaded heavily, so the little bit i can grow will have to be shade annuals.
    perhaps a pot of two of tomatoes, if i can find a sunny spot near the driveway!
    thankfully, the farmers market is less than 5 miles from us now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little behind schedule for our family garden. In Texas we have the benefit of two growing seasons so I kind of slack on spring gardening. So many other things going on. Can't imagine not having a garden though, love the freedom of growing our own food. -Carole

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Comments missing?