Turkey Hatch!


We have tried for a year and a half to breed our heritage breed Royal Palm turkeys, with no luck. We tried both the incubator the last two summers and letting our 3 hens just sit on the eggs, but nothing seemed to produce any results. We made the decision a couple of weeks ago that this probably was going to be the last summer and the turkeys would find a place on our Thanksgiving and Christmas table this year!
Imagine my surprise tonight when I was working out in the yard and glanced in to check on the turkeys and there was a teeny-tiny new one running around in the coop!
Mama is extremely protective and chased after me when I went in to check him out.

Look closely...
 Can you see him?
 "Mom, it's dark under here!"
We may need to re-think our dinner plans for the holidays!

Comments

  1. Renee I am SO jealous!! I have been raising those bords for a couple years now and had NO success. Something keeps eating mine for one thing. I have kept them locked up this year and bought three new little hen chicks. I'm patting you on the back sister!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Goat Alarm