Happy New Year

It's hard to believe another year has come and gone.  We have spent most of the last 4 weeks with one or more of us sick.  This last week has been the worst with the Eldest sick, then our youngest daughter has been sick for the entire week with a terribly high fever.  Now the last two days I have had it.  I am certain that the old saying "coughing up a lung" applies to me.  I just can't stop.  So, Hubby took the 4 kiddos + 1 friend to Grandma and Grandpa's for New Year's Eve celebration.  Bek and I decided to do an Anne of Green Gables marathon tonight, keeping each other company with our non-stop coughing. 

I am looking forward to starting another year, with many plans here at the farm, although some of them may already have been dashed.  Hubby and I found out that our county rules on having animals on our property is quite strict.  We have to have at least 3 acres to have just one goat, and 1 acre for each additional goat.  We don't have that.  We are slightly hopeful that we might be able to work something out with our local ag department, since this is used for my fiber business.  I can't believe with all the "back to the land" movements going on, that I can't have two or three little goats ( they are about the size of our lab) in our backyard.  If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. We've been sick here too~ cough, cough, cough! Good luck on talking the city into those goats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Terri! The problem that I have is we don't live in the city, we are in the country, and the county just has very strict rules on animals. I hope your family is getting better too! I know the "nasties" are every where!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

What I Am Working On~Wednesday