Nature Walk Wednesday

I am trying hard this year to keep Wednesdays open for our nature walks.  The two youngest and I made it out on  this dreary afternoon, before the rain started.  There is a lot of things turning yellow, but very few major color changes here this week.  Hubby and I leave to spend some time at Mackinaw Island on Sunday (yay me:)) and this will be the latest in the season that I have ever been that far north.  I am hoping for some wonderful color and some pictures to share when we return!



Corn still in the fields

A little bit of color


Youngest taking his own pics

Wild morning glory

Rocks!!! Youngest favorite



Flock of geese heading...southwest;)

Grasshopper

Dead tree

Red dragon fly

Daughter collects bugs and flowers, not yougest....

He brings home "cool trees"

Climbing night shade

Wooly Bear without much black (?)

This is our backyard from the road and one of our GIANT Willows

Comments

  1. What a great way to spend the afternoon! We have a rock hound, too:))

    Enjoy your time at Mackinaw Island, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful place and your nature walks look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. My name is Sarah Brown and I was one of the first host houses for the Promise program your boys were in. I just wanted to first say sorry for taking so long to get with you. I just wanted to write you and let you know your boys were the best to have stay at our house. My husband was in promise and he wanted to host kids this year since we had a house. I was a little nervous because I didn't know what to expect. But it really worked out because your boys were very polite and helpful! I am sure they told you but they even helped me make a tie fleece blanket! I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your boys with promise and I hope they had as much fun as I did!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Goat Alarm