Fiber Friday ~ Dyeing Fiber

Amazing sunrises and sunset on our little lake here in mid-Michigan have me pulling out my camera more and more. The view is just amazing. I sat last night and watched it as it changed from bright orange to purple and pinks to yellow and grey. I get inspired often from nature and had the idea last night to do some fiber dyeing and see if I can match these amazing colors and patterns. 


Dyeing has been one of those fiber things that I would love to do more of, but there is definitely a technique to awesome colors and some people do it really well. 

 I am hoping to trying some natural dyes this year using some of the wild berries and plants we have all around us. For now I will be purchasing some fiber dye in hopes of mimicking some of the beautiful colors and patterns.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

What I Am Working On~Wednesday