Good Morning Mondays!

In my quest to be a more faithful blogger, I decided to give myself some weekly assignments (I work better under pressure!) I have come up with a theme for each day of the week here at the farm. Now, I am certain I won't be blogging everyday of the week, but this will help with some of my creative juices and get the ideas out of my brain and on to  paper umm, I mean screen.

So here is what is new for the blog this week:
Good Morning Mondays-This will include something to create, whether it be a recipe, a craft, or an idea to try.
Tail Spin Farm Tuesdays-This is going to be what is happening here at the farm. It may include new items for my shop, upcoming classes, or projects going on at the farm.
Wacky Wednesday-If you know our family, you would know our week is not complete without something goofy going on, or strange things that happen. This might include children, animals, or even Hubby...he might be on here a lot:)
Throwback Thursday-Reminiscing about life on the farm. This will include a story, pictures or both.
Friday on the Farm-This will be photos of what has happened during the week on the farm.

So without further ado, onto Good Morning Monday!

Today I am going to share my recipe for laundry detergent.  I have been making my own for over 5 years now. I am not a "numbers" girl, but know that this 5 gallon bucket has about $2 of ingredients in it and mine time. That is a pretty good savings in my book.
What you need

Grate your soap you can even use homemade, although I stick with the Fels-Naptha brand

Add grated soap to water and boil until dissolved.  Make sure to keep an eye on this so it doesn't boil over.  Ask me how I know:)

Five gallon buckets. These are pretty easy to find these days.

Soap dissolved

Pour in the borax. Remember, I'm not a numbers girl, so I don't measure. If you need to I use about 1 1/2 cups...I think.

Same amount with the washing soda

Pour in the hot soap liquid

Fill the bucket the rest of the way with hot water.

Stir to dissolve.
Then I have one of my strong boys carry it to the basement for me.  That's it. For about $2 and 15 minutes of my time I have laundry soap for the next few weeks.  With 7 people in the house, the laundry piles up quickly around here. I keep all the items stocked, on hand and ready to make.

HAPPY MONDAY MORNING!!!!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Goat Alarm