Friday on the Farm

Michigan is a very small piece of heaven in the fall. This year is no exception, the colors are amazing this year. I don't know if it is because of the cold summer we had or what, but I will take it.  I was looking at the forecast for the next few weeks, they are predicting snow in our neck of the woods by mid-November. Now mind you, they can say it is going to be sunny and 80 some days and we have rain and 40 or vice versa here in Michigan. I'm not sure how I feel about an early winter yet. Last year was the coldest, snowiest, winter on record in decades here, but it was LONG. My memories as a child are ingrained deeply in my brain. Snow forts, ice skating, sledding. We did it all. Thanksgiving memories always had snow, enough to snowmobile at my grandparent's farm every year, or so it seems. I love winter. I love the idea of nesting and knitting. Snow blowing outside the windows and the beauty of it all. In my old age I am trying to be better at enjoying the season I am in. That goes for the weather too. If it is 80 degrees with 100% humidity, I try to enjoy it. If it is -20 and a blizzard outside, I try to enjoy it.  Just like the seasons in life, they come and go, if we don't at least try to enjoy them we are missing out. On a lot.

Hubby and I love to fish and have been trying to get out yet this fall. Last night we went out for a couple of hours. We are fortunate enough to live less than 10 miles from a beautiful state park. These photos were taken with my phone so you can imagine how beautiful they were in person. Enjoy your season!








Angora jewelry sets getting finished to be sent out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Goat Alarm