Goat Alarm

Tripp and Tiberius and Momma
Most farmers have roosters that let them know it is time to get up.  Not us, we picked goats.  That silly face staring at you is Robin.  She is one of the six goats that live here at Tail Spin Farm.  She is my alarm clock these days.  If I am not out to feed them before 5:45 a.m. she lets me know it is time at 5:46.  She has also taught the "new guys on the block", Tripp and Tiberius how things work so they have now joined her in her early morning tirade of goat song.

I wouldn't mind it so much, except for the neighbors who live pretty close to us (we do all our "farming" on an acre!).  I would hate for there to be an issue in regards to this.  So I continue my early morning trip out to the barn hoping to beat her up.  I am just waiting for the hot days of summer and knowing that both neighbors have central air and their windows will be shut tight and I won't have to worry so much about waking someone early in the morning with the horrible songs Robin sings.

They also have been quite spoiled by someone in the family who shall go nameless...Hubby..who gives them willow branches from our two beautiful willow trees.  If they want more what do they do?  You guessed it, holler until someone gets them some.  I am finding out they are smarter than what people say.  A couple of nights last week we let them out to roam while we were having a campfire.  It was about the same time every night.  On the fourth night, about that time, ALL of the goats started "screaming"  I threw on my boots to run out to see what had happened.  Everything and goat was fine, but they were just yelling as loud as they could.  It finally dawned on me that they expected to be let out just like the last couple of nights.  Smart goats.

Comments

  1. very smart indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard a goat serenade. Is it like Baaa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pavlov's goats! Now look what you've done, Renee! You've conditioned them to want to scream for the willows, scream to be let out in the evening, and scream for their breakfast! Not me...I just have cats who scratch at the door at all hours of the day or night to either be let in or be let out. Pavlov's cats live here....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maple, hubby and I have created a new game called "name that goat"! They all have their own sound and yes it is kind of a baa...more scream to it though! LOL! I know Cyn, I keep telling Scott they are his responsiblity now that he has trained(spoiled)them. Although I think it is the other way around, how well THEY have trained us! Spoiled animals indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny farm creatures ;)

    Looks like you have some lovely new necklaces made up Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to giggle reading this, Renee, because we get the same serenade around our farm (although my goats know I won't feed them at 5:46 am:))).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Friday on the Farm ~ My Crazy Life