New Season

As we are quickly transitioning into a new season here in the middle of the Michigan mitt, life continues to quickly change also. As I look back over the last 3 years or so we have had 2 kids graduate and one move to college.The third child turned 18 and started a college class to finish out her final year of homeschool. The next daughter is going to be turning 16 soon and our "baby" is almost as tall as his dad and turned 13 this past summer. All of them in high school. I feel as if I blinked and the five kids that were ages 7 down to newborn, morphed into what they are today. In that time we spent almost two years in the foster care system and had four children ages 2 and under come into our home for some amount of time. We are so thankful for that time and those kids (not all of them were good experiences for our family). One in particular has become a "grandson" to us and even though he went home after 10 months here with us, we still see him weekly and are able to get him on weekends. As with all seasons though, foster care too has come to an end for us and now we anxiously await grand kids...in God's timing. I have learned a lot the last three years. I have learned that baby's grow quickly, the terrible two's end, kids don't take blankies to college with them and they all end up sleeping through the night quicker than you think.

Our oldest will turn 21 in November and the only thing I can see in my mind, is this tiny little guy holding my hand with his backpack full of "guys" that we took every where for him to play with. Now I am looking up to him (a little:)) and realize his is the same age Hubby and I were when we got married, which makes me the same age my mom was when I got married. Crazy. Time passes quickly enjoy every moment you have.

Hubby had his 25th year anniversary at his job last week. To me that is amazing in today's day and age. It hasn't always been easy, and not what he dreamed of doing for the last 25 years, but I am thankful for his diligence.

I am continuing to raise the fiber animals for now, although that too could come to an end eventually. I hope not, because I love our little farm, and even though it is often more work for Hubby, I know he enjoys it almost as much as I do. I am in the process of marketing my angora line of jewelry and products that are produced right here on the farm. This blog is being updated as we speak to a new website, which will be easy to purchase our products from.

I hope to do more blogging, farming, and creating, Lord willing, but we will see what season God has in store for us next.

Blessings from Tail Spin Farm

Family 2003
Family 2014

Comments

  1. Nee, you don't look any different in those 2 pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see a post from you, Renee! Our lives are so similar- our oldest left for a discipleship program and my head is still spinning at how fast these kids grow up. I miss the old days, but look forward to what God has in store with these "big" people:) Even nearly the same time for my hubby's job anniversary! If only there wasn't such a big lake between us I'd be on your porch many a morning helping with chores and drinking coffee. A time of change and silence on my blog, too, but maybe God will bring that back as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Friday on the Farm ~ My Crazy Life