Fiber Stuff on the Farm




Spring is SLOW coming to our neck of the woods.  We did a family road trip today and ran into snow...in mid April.  I can't remember a more miserable spring than this one.  We have had non-stop rain this week.  I know that we are in great need and I try to think ahead to the beautiful gardens and fruit, but it is tough.  We have been trying to keep busy with projects but sometimes that doesn't help either.  I have been keeping busy with our 2 year old foster son and creating when time permits;)  I designed these felted earrings out of angora to go with my necklaces.  They are really fun to make and I am thinking this may make a perfect class here at the farm!  Stay tuned!

We also made the trip to Zeilinger's Fiber Mill in Frankenmuth last week to pick up our finished fiber!  I can't believe how much came back from what we took in.  We got 4 bags of Romney blend and a big bag of pygora from our goats.  I have been spinning when I can and the pygora is beautiful!  I have put some in the etsy shop too.



Felted angora earrings
Romney blend
More romney

Pygora

Pygora

Pygora


Comments

  1. I agree, Michigan Spring has been cold !
    Very cute earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, got to love fresh fiber!!!

    Your earrings are beautiful, as are your necklaces. We did a class like that a few years ago - felted necklaces then earrings grew out of that ;) Fun, easy and quick - a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Friday on the Farm ~ My Crazy Life