Friday on the Farm

It has been over a week since we took our fall trip to Mackinac Island and I hadn't even downloaded the pictures yet!  We had a wonderful time as usual.  The weather even cooperated for the most part.  We were looking at rain and snow for most of the time we were there, and really only had one day of on and off rain.  We biked and hiked for MILES and still, after 6 years of going up there, we were able to find new places that we had never seen. 
 
We saw snow going up and coming back, I have a feeling that winter is going to be much different than last year.  I can't wait!  We are all set here at the farm with extra hay that I never thought we would find due to the poor weather this year.  I did pay double for the bales, but I know that people in other parts of the country are paying so much more than that.
 
School has been in full swing and I am trying to keep it that way until Thanksgiving.  The Eldest has extra time off during that week, so we will be joining him and having some full family days.  That is one of the beauties of homeschool, we work around our schedule and not others.  We are still all adjusting to him being gone during the week.  He is still adjusting to the "real world" and finding out that he lives a pretty charmed life here. 
 
There are some possible exciting additions coming here to the farm, but I am going to keep you in suspense because they have not happened yet, nor am I positive they will either, I know most people already think we are crazy some days and this will just put us over the top.  Plus it is fun to keep you guessing!
 
I leave you with pictures from our trip and the farm.  Sorry about the quality, I used my phone on most of them.
 
 
 
 
Look closely you will see snow flakes!

The view from the front porch of the Windemere on Mackinac Island

View from the cliffs around the island

Trying to figure out my camera;0

Look close you will see our names and dates
 

silly camera...

me;)

Riding through the beautiful trails

Hubby showing off....

Pondering deep thoughts, or just trying to look like it!

My Sweetie

This is where hubby was climbing on the previous picture- Sugar Loaf

We look tired..we are!

Beautiful Color on the Island

More trails

Cool leaf patterns

Look closely, the Mackinaw Bridge is in the distance

Lunch...good thing we biked a lot

My new favorite game, Qwirkle

We heard the sunsets were beautiful lately, they were right!

Me and a couple of our bunnies

Daughter and too many of our cats...
 

Beautiful double rainbow

I found this on my camera...not sure if this was intentional or not...

Comments

  1. Enjoyed your Mackinaw picts. One of my horses used to work there and I was able to ride him around in the summer.
    I heard that your "surprises" might arrive next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Renee! What a beautiful island.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Friday on the Farm ~ My Crazy Life