Creating

Well the cold and snow have finally hit us!  Right now it is especially cold (single digits!)  With the cold weather, comes a creative bug for me!  I have been spinning and crocheting the last week or so.  I was able to go last Saturday to a local yarn shop and meet in person, a dear blogging friend Cary and spin for a few hours!  It was so nice meeting other spinners!

I also have created two projects that I designed.  I needed a laptop case and a camera case.  After pricing these items and thinking the were outrageously priced for such ugly black, mass produced, made in China products, I decided to make them myself!

I have a lot of yarn...okay an unbelievable amount of stashed yarn. So I went through the buckets and found some for both projects. Here is what I can up with:





I love how they turned out!  I used double strand of heavy yarn, so that gives my laptop and camera a little added protection.  Cost:  my time and some leftover yarn from other projects!

This gives me an idea for a weekly post idea, I would like to see how much I can create at home with what I have, instead of running to the dreaded Wal-mart.  With the store only two miles from our home it can sometimes be too tempting for me just to run. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful Renee! Love that little camera bag with the button! The creative bug has hit here too with this cold weather~ there are five kids busy sewing (a camera bag is on my list if I ever get my machine back), plus lots of good cooking going on, and I am itching to make some soap~ all in the middle of 5 does delivering:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is that?!? Both projects look perfect!

    Looking forward to spinning together again soon ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Comments missing?