We've Moved!

After almost 10 long months of waiting and a failed sale of our home, we finally took the plunge and moved to the lake house! We are still waiting for our little farm to sell but have had enough interest in it to know that it won't be long. The "spring" weather in Michigan has been less than helpful. We have had snow on and off the last week. Which has put a damper on some of the moving and spring planning that we would like to start here. Although being this late in the year we thought we would have to wait to enjoy the fireplace but we have enjoyed it every day so far.

I am still struggling to figure out what this little piece of heaven we have been blessed with will look like for me. The farm was filled with well...farm stuff. We had goats, alpacas, chickens, turkeys, rabbits and mini ponies. A large garden, a small orchard of fruit trees and canning filled my summer months. I made soap, cheese and made most food from scratch. Some of that won't change and I will continue to be a "farm girl at heart". I was able to bring my angora bunnies and 5 hens for eggs with me and I plan on blogging about our adventures here. The idea is the same just a different place. "Farmgirl on the Lake" posts are where I am thinking of taking this blog. I hope to have a new rabbit barn placed at the lake soon and will begin colony raising at least my female rabbits. I will also be working on worm farming! That will be a necessity for the fishing that is already going on off the dock!
 I have also had another project on the back burner for several years that I am now in the process of pursuing. A few years back I started writing children's books based on stories from my kids and the funny things they have done and our adventures on the farm. I have several finished and have received my first rejection letter...and that's okay! I am continuing to find someone out there to publish these books. My first book is Alice Has an Idea, which is essentially the story of a city girl (me) who is able to live her dream of having a farm and the skills she learns along the way. I hope to be able to take these books into the schools along with my spinning wheel and do a "hands on" reading for children. The second book in this series is Alpacas in the Backseat which is the story of us bringing the alpacas to the farm. I am really excited for these books to hopefully get published at some point.
 I am happy to report that the hens are healthy and happy and are laying about 4-5 eggs a day even in this cold, nasty weather. I am so happy to have been able to bring my chicken tractor that my father-in-law made for me several years ago and it will work perfect for our little piece of land.
Willow is quite happy because she has found that geese and ducks are just as fun to herd as our goats. The only thing she isn't so sure about is the water itself.

Buster the farm cat is getting used to his new home too!

I am looking forward to the next adventure as soon as I get out from under all the boxes!
Count it ALL joy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Comments missing?