Tail Spin Farm ~ Living Life in a lake house in the middle of the Michigan Mitt
Angora~Yarn~Fiber~Products~Unique Jewelry~French and English Angora Rabbits
Just for Terri
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I had to post this just for Terri She had a picture of their Lab on the couch, and I told her our dogs must be sister, separated at birth!! This is Bailey's favorite spot (when she doesn't get caught!!)
When we turned this little farm into a "hobby farm" a few years ago we only wanted one thing...for it to at least pay for feed for the animals. Well, it hasn't always done that, and I have often questioned if this is what I was supposed to be spending time and energy on. Just when I think about selling all of my angoras and just being done, God opens doors. My dream for my fiber farm (mainly angora rabbits) was to spin yarn to sell, create things to sell or sell the rabbits. We have done a bit of all of this, but never much. This week I was contact by a designer from New York, who has her own line of angora items. She found me from our local harvest site, and she wants to purchase ALL of the yarn I can get to her to create her line with!!!! This is exactly what I have always wanted (alright, I would rather have my own "line") and wanting to be wife, mom and homeschooler has to come first right now, so this is going to be a perfect fit for me! I sh...
Amazing sunrises and sunset on our little lake here in mid-Michigan have me pulling out my camera more and more. The view is just amazing. I sat last night and watched it as it changed from bright orange to purple and pinks to yellow and grey. I get inspired often from nature and had the idea last night to do some fiber dyeing and see if I can match these amazing colors and patterns. Dyeing has been one of those fiber things that I would love to do more of, but there is definitely a technique to awesome colors and some people do it really well. I am hoping to trying some natural dyes this year using some of the wild berries and plants we have all around us. For now I will be purchasing some fiber dye in hopes of mimicking some of the beautiful colors and patterns.
I am pretty sure reality TV shows are birthed out of lives like mine. Over the last four years we have gutted and remodeled a huge portion of our farmhouse, graduated three children from homeschool, became foster parents to four children under 2 years old, started a daycare to continue care for two of these kiddos and expanded the daycare to include others that are in our care still today. All the while keeping up with our small farm, Hubby's day job changing and growing and his radio ministry continuing. Crazy. There really is no other word that explains it better. Somewhere along the way I lost parts of myself that I truly love. Simple things like baking and cooking, making things, crocheting and knitting, even my spinning of yarn from our animals became tedious because there was always something else. God has a way of answering prayers in the least likely of ways. Yup, that is a lock box. Yup, we're selling the farm. In the last 6 weeks we spotted a lake house for sale ...
Somehow my comment didn't post here the other day~ they do look like twins! Bailey looks pretty comfy!
ReplyDelete