Blessings

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at my folk's house yesterday with all the family and a lot of food!!  I am feeling even more blessed today (and old) as our oldest son turns 17 today!!!  I am just amazed as the kids get older, I look back and remember myself being 17 like it was yesterday.  Time is such a weird thing.  Every year as we get into the holidays, so many things seem like "we just did this a couple of weeks ago".  I realize that with Christmas being on a Sat. this year, it seems like there isn't enough weekends to get all the stuff done.

I mentioned a couple of posts ago that we had some big changes going on here.  Tomorrow morning Hubby, a few of the kids and I are traveling 2 hours to a pygora goat farm to see what they have !!!  Yes, after years of begging, mentioning, more begging and then just giving up, Hubby called the other day and said we are getting goats!!  I am very excited, but nervous at the same time.  This will be the biggest farm animal yet, so there is a lot to learn.  I have been reading and researching on goats in general.  I chose the pygoras, because I am a spinner so I wanted a fiber goat, but they can also be milked and I am also a cheese maker so this breed will cover both.  I am not sure we are picking any out tomorrow yet or just going to pick her brain.

There have been some disappointments here in the middle of joy (isn't that just life?). I am realizing how very different our lifestyle choices are, between homeschooling and now a family integrated home church. We also found out that the closest people to us don't even understand. I am coming to terms with that and realizing that we aren't here to make other people comfortable and happy with our choices. I am going through a lesson in understanding and patience.






 Fruit turkey, made by our wonderful friends!
 Hubby's traditional Thanksgiving nap...weird things always seem to happen to him:)
 B. holding my niece who is fast asleep.
17 year old Nolan and his birthday duduk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day of Homeschooling~Nearing the Finish Line

Friday on the Farm

Comments missing?